We love making muffins as a snack for the kids and it's also great as it's so easy to make so total fun to get little ones involved in the baking too. Perfect as a morning or afternoon snack and on the go.
Prep time: .
- 2 apples, core, peel and chop
- 150g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 120g melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Wholemilk, 2-3 tbsp
- Pre heat oven to 170C
- Fill muffin tin with cup cake cases
- Mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Mix the dry ingredients and butter together.
- Add a little milk to lift the mixture so that it's a more liquid consistency
- Add 2 eggs and mix
- Add the apple pieces and stir in
- Add the cinnamon powder
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until a knife poked into a cake comes out clean
Allow to cool before serving to the little ones.